Iolite is a gemstone that is also known as “water sapphire” due to its blue to violet coloration. It is believed to have several metaphysical properties, including:
- Vision and Intuition: Iolite is said to enhance one’s intuition and psychic abilities, allowing for a clearer vision of one’s path in life. It is also believed to help with visualization and manifestation of goals.
- Balance and Harmony: Iolite is thought to balance the energies of the third eye and crown chakras, promoting harmony and balance in one’s spiritual and physical lives.
- Inner Strength: Iolite is believed to help boost self-confidence and inner strength, aiding in personal growth and spiritual development.
- Healing: Iolite is said to help with physical healing, particularly in the areas of the eyes, brain, and nervous system.
- Creativity: Iolite is also thought to stimulate creativity and artistic expression, helping one to tap into their imagination and inspiration.
I decided to do more research on this crystal after we found an beautiful violet earring set in the cabinet that was labeled Jolite. I thought, OMG, I have NO idea what that is!
Turns out someone’s very fancy handwriting was illegible and it was Iolite. Now that made a whole lot more sense.
So much in fact, that we’ve ordered some crystal chips that you can use in a myriad of ways around the house or in your sacred spaces.
Overall, iolite is a stone that is believed to enhance one’s spiritual growth and personal development, as well as aiding in physical healing and creative expression.